The cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister and Interior Minister H E Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani, approved a draft law amending some provisions of Decree Law No. (14) of 1993 concerning passports and decided to refer it to advisory council.
The amendment needs to be replaced by Article (12) of Decree Law No. (14) of 1993 indicated in the following text:
“The amount of the fees to be paid for the issuance of regular passports and travel documents and tickets shall be determined by a decision of the Minister of Interior. The amount of the fees to be paid for diplomatic, special and important passports and their renewal and modification shall be determined by a decision of the Foreign Minister”.
The draft law on income tax and its draft executive regulation was also approved by the cabinet’s ordinary meeting at its Emiri Diwan premises.
Here are some of the other drafts that were approved by the cabinet:
- A draft agreement on economic cooperation between the Government of the State of Qatar and the Government of the Republic of Poland.
- A draft agreement on cultural cooperation between Qatar and Poland.
- A draft air services agreement between the Government of State of Qatar and the Government of the Republic of Uganda.
- A draft MoU for cooperation in the field of combating terrorism between Qatar and Australia.
- A draft MoU for cooperation in the field of sports between the Government of Qatar and the Republic of Moldova.
- . A draft memorandum of understanding between Qatar Central Bank and Bangladesh Bank.