Bored Lad

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

16-Year-Old Collapses And Dies Due To Heart Problem After Drinking A Large Mountain Dew, A Latte And An Energy Drink In The Span Of Two Hours

32

- Advertisement -

16-year-old student collapsed and died from heart problems at school after drinking too much caffeine.

Davis Cripe died when his heart fell out of rhythm at Spring Hill High School in Chapin, South Carolina, on April 26th.

All Cripe did was drink a large Mountain Dew, A McDonalds latte and an energy drink in a span of two hours before his death.

The teen had no pre-existing heart conditions either.

The 16-year-old’s inconsolable father spoke at a press conference Monday announcing the coroner’s findings.

‘Davis was a great kid, and being his parent was a great honor to Heidi [his mother] and me,’ Sean Cripe said.

‘I stand before you as a brokenhearted father and hope that something good can come from this.

‘Parents, please, talk to your kids about the dangers of these energy drinks.’

‘And teenagers and students, please stop buying them. There’s no reason to consume them they can be very dangerous.’

‘This is what’s dangerous about this – you can have five people line up and all of them do the exact same thing with him that day, drink more, and it may not have any type of effect on them at all,’ he said.

‘It’s not something that just because you drink one drink or three drinks is necessarily going to have this effect on.’

The recommended limit for a healthy adult is 400 mg of caffeine a day, which is equal to four cups of coffee or 10 cans of soda. Assuming Cripe drank a large latte and energy drink, in addition to the large Mountain Dew, he would have had about 434mg.

 

Comments
Loading...