Bored Lad

This Is What A New Phone Accessory Did To The Boy, Now Parents Warn Others…


Headphones and cellphones should not be used all the time. These devices could bring out accidents and accident caused by phones are increasing day by day.

Bradley Willoughby from Queensland rode motorbike on his parent’s farm, but riding while using phone and headphones that block out noise, could be fatal.

The 16-year-old toured around the farm, which was well-equipped and safe with helmet. Sadly though, while landing a jump awkwardly, the bike’s throttle got stuck and he flew into a barbed wire fence. The impact of the landing broke his ankle, slit his stomach open and worst damage was above his shoulders.

Willoughby had ear buds in his ears and they were secured beneath his helmet. So, while he was doing the right thing by wearing a helmet, the addition of the ear buds created a major problem…they didn’t pop out. When he hit the barbed wire fence, the rubber coating of the chord was pulled off, revealing the very strong copper wires. Since the buds were still in place and the chord was dangling in front of his neck, the impact of the force nearly caused the chord to behead him.

He is lucky to have survived such a rare accident.

Willoughby’s mother said that the boy had been a skilled and vigilant driver and she wasn’t aware that the headphones could pose such a danger. Now, she is cautioning the public about the dangers associated with the use of headphones during these types of sports. “Do not wear wired earphones under a motorbike helmet, it’s potentially life threatening,” she cautioned.