Bored Lad

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Take A Look At These Infertility Signs And Symptoms or BAOG

39

- Advertisement -

Infertility or BAOG is the inability to conceive a child. There might not be obvious signs and symptoms but the most obvious sign is when a couple attempts to make a baby but fails each time.

What are the signs and causes of infertility?

About 90% of couples who engage in unprotected intercourse will achieve pregnancy within the first 12 months, but the remaining 10% might need some medical assistance like In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF).

Take a look at some of the symptoms:

1.Irregular menstrual cycles

-Absent menstruation (amenorrhea)

– Short (less than 21 days)

– Long (over 35 days)

– Heavy or long menstruation

– Dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation)

– Short menstruation time

– Very pale menstruation

– Clotty or very dark purple/black menstruation-

– Mid-cycle bleeding

  1. Hormonal Imbalance

Hormonal imbalance is the cause of irregular cycles and it may also cause other health related concerns like heart palpitations, thinning hair, depression, etc.

  1. Age

Women over the age of 35 and above may experience a decrease in fertility. While the average 30-year-old woman has a 20% chance of getting pregnant during any one cycle, those over 40 have their chances decreased to only 5%. If you’re a lady over 35 years of age and have been trying for 6 months to get pregnant with no success, then perhaps it’s time to pay your doctor a visit.

However, most of the time people believe that infertility might be a female’s issue, but both the genders have equal chance of being infertile.

It’s difficult to detect signs or symptoms of infertility in men. Doctors may need to monitor a man’s bodily functions in order to determine if there is a fertility issue.  The first step in determining male infertility is the time tested sperm count test.

The most common hormonal imbalance in men:

 

– Testosterone

– DHEA

– Prolactin

– Estrogen

 

Sperm Count, Health & Delivery Issues include:

 

– Erectile dysfunction (ED)

– Low sperm count (oligospermia)

– Abnormal sperm shape (teratozoospermia)

– Abnormal or poor sperm movement (asthenozoospermia)

– Vas Deferens blockage-varicoceles or STD damage

– Immobile sperm (necrozoospermia – when the sperm does not move at all: the sperm may be dead, partially alive or alive but does not move)

– Abnormal sperm production

– Genetic disorders

– Retrograde ejaculation

– Physical or structural abnormalities such as undescended testicle.

– Vasectomy reversal- Up to 70% of men with vasectomy develop antisperm antibodies.

Other Health Issues, Factors and Problems which may affect fertility in both Women and Men

 

– Obesity

– Diabetes

– Smoking

– Alcoholism

– Drug Addiction

– Thyroid issues

– Poor Adrenal Health

– Very low body weight

– Autoimmune disease

– Cancer (chemotherapy and radiation may cause Premature Ovarian Failure or Low Sperm count and health)

– Injury or trauma to reproductive organs, or one of the endocrine glands.

– Hypertension

– Heavy exposure to radiation or other environmental pollution

– Long-term use of medications

Comments
Loading...