Amazing Benefits Of Lemongrass That Most Of Us Don’t Know, If You Still Don’t Believe Then Read This Completely
If you love cooking and spend a lot of time in kitchen then you would know the benefits of lemongrass or tanglad by now. Apart from being a part of a soup, a marinade or over something, it has some unbelievable uses that you will come to know.
Helps with digestion
The grass has antiseptic compound that takes down bad bacteria and even some parasites from the digestive tract.
Helps in Cholesterol control
It has anti-cholesterol and anti-atherosclerosis that helps in smooth and clear functioning of intestines.
Clean taste, clean body
Apart from tasting good, a cup of this will help you remove toxins, uric acid and bad cholesterol.
Drives away fever and flu
The presence of antibacterial and anti-fungal properties will keep the immune system strong.
A research showed that it can actually fight cancer as it possesses something that can destroy the cancer cells.
That’s not all! It’s also delicious! If you’re saying otherwise, here’s a recipe that will jumpstart your health and your taste buds.
- 6 stalks of fresh lemongrass
- 6tbps of sugar
- 8 cups of water
- And Pandan leaves (additional for flavour)
- Wash your lemongrass
- Cut them to quarter length and make sure to poung the white part.
- Boil in a pot with water
- Lower heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes
- Turn off the fire and just let it cool for a couple of minutes or two.
- Heat up the sugar together with 3 tbsp of water, mix well.
- Add it to the mix, and throw in some pandan leaves if you want.
- Let it cool and enjoy!