Bored Lad

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Exactly Four Years Since The Lee Rigby Attack ‘Suicide Bomb’, Ariana Grande’s Concert At Manchester Arena Subject To One Of The Worst Tragedies In Britain In Recent Times!

0 19

- Advertisement -

At least 19 people and left 50 more injured in a terrorist attack inside Manchester Arena is the latest in a string of attacks in Britain is suspected to be a suicide bombing.

Footage from the horrific incident shows terrified children leaping over barriers to escape the ‘war zone’ and families turned to social media to desperately try and locate their loved ones at the end of a sold-out Ariana Grande concert.

This terror attack is the worst in more than a decade, after the June 2005 London Tube bombings where 56 people were killed by suicide bombers.

Just two months ago, Britain was recovering from a terrorist attack where four were killed when a Hyundai 4×4 mowed people down on Westminster Bridge before the driver stabbed police officer Keith Palmer to death.

After Monday’s attack, witnesses told of nuts and bolts tearing into young concert-goers when the blast was detonated in the foyer area between the arena and the next-door Victoria station.

Armed officers surrounded the venue and bloodied casualties were seen being stretchered out of the concert that resembled a ‘war zone’. Two US officials have said it was a suspected suicide bomber.

London 7/7 Tube bombing

56 were killed and more than 700 were injured and when a number of coordinated blasts targeted civilians using public transport at peak hour.

On July 7, 2005, four Islamist extremists detonated three bombs in backpacks in the London Underground in what was the worst terror attack in British history.

At 8:49 am, the first exploded on a 6-car London Underground train on the Circle line, around 100 yards (90 m) along the tunnel from Liverpool Street.

The second device exploded in the second car of another 6-car London Underground that had just left the busy platform at Edgware Road.

A third bomb was detonated on the Piccadilly line, just under a minute after it departed King’s Cross.

Almost one hour after the attacks on the London Underground, a fourth bomb was detonated on the top deck of a number 30 double-decker bus.

Westminster attack

On March 22, 2017, crazed Islamist Khalid Masood killed four people after mowing his car through crowds on the Westminster Bridge.

Brace police officer Keith Palmer, 48, was stabbed to death during the attack.

Masood – who was shot at least twice by armed officers guarding the building – died after he was taken to hospital while married husband and father Mr Palmer – a former soldier in the Royal Artillery – died at the scene.

Speaking after the attack, Prime Minister Theresa May vowed Britain would ‘never give in to terror’ and ‘defeat hate and evil’ after she blasted the ‘sick and depraved’ attack in Westminster.

Lee Rigby  

Monday’s attack comes exactly four years to the day since the death of Lee Rigby on May 22 2013.

Fusilier Rigby was ‘mutilated, almost decapitated and murdered’ by Michael Adebowale, 22, and Michael Adebolajo, 28, who ambushed him outside military barracks in Woolwich, South East London.

The men who killed him claimed that they were ‘soldiers of Allah’ and were motivated by the plight of Muslims abroad to carry out the killing, and have shown no guilt.

His murderers, two Muslim extremists yelled ‘Allahu Akbar’ and ‘You (Britain) and America will never be safe’ during their sentencing at the court in Central London.

They ran over him in a car before murdering him with a machete as onlookers watched on in horror, terrorizing a busy London street.

Leytonstone knife rampage 

On December 5, 2015, Somali-born Muhiddin Mire, 30, went on a knife rampage at a ticket hall at Leytonstone Underground station and tried to slit one man’s throat.

He had images of Fusilier Lee Rigby and British executioner Jihadi John on his mobile phone, along with material linked to the terror group.

As he held a knife to his throat, an onlooker famously said ‘You ain’t no Muslim bruv’ in footage that got widespread media coverage.

1996 IRA bombing

Nobody was killed but 212 people were injured after a lorry packed with 1.5 tons of explosives was detonated close to Marks & Spencer and the Arndale shopping centre.

The blast caused £700million in damage as the bomb – the biggest detonated on the mainland since the war – destroyed shops and office buildings within a half-mile radius.

Just minutes earlier police had directed shoppers away from the vehicle and a bomb squad was called in but were unable to defuse the device in time.

The IRA had telephoned warnings about 90 minutes before the blast on Corporation Street in the city centre.

In 2015, Pakistani national Abid Naseer was convicted of plotting terror attacks after being extradited to the US from the UK. He had been living in Manchester where he plotted to kill hundreds in a bombing attack at the Arndale shopping complex during the busy Easter weekend.