Our body has the ability to detoxify itself, the foods that we eat on a daily basis makes self-detoxing hard. Some people prefer to have detox drinks to ease out the process of detoxification, so that all the harmful toxins are flushed out and they stay healthy. There are many recipes which we can use to prepare an effective detoxifying drink. But the best way is to choose the best fasting diet plan to get rid of all toxins from the body.
Check the recipes of some fasting drinks that will help you detoxify yourself well.
The Satiating Ginger Honey Drink
The goodness of ginger and honey in this drink provides powerful detoxifying properties. While ginger is good for your digestive system, honey is full of antioxidants. With this drink, you will not only get rid of heartburn and detoxify your body but also, feel satiated with its rejuvenating taste.
1. 1 tbsp. ginger extract
2. 1 tbsp. honey
3. 1 tbsp. sugar syrup
4. A pinch of salt
5. 1 tsp. lemon juice
6. A glass of chilled water
1. Take a tall glass and put all the ingredients in it.
2. Blend all of them in a blender or beat them with hand.
3. Transfer all the ingredients to a glass and drink it immediately.
Note: If you want to use chilled soda water instead of water, you can do that as well.
Refreshing Lemongrass Juice
A glass of lemongrass juice, with its mild and unique flavor, will soothe your senses and pacify your soul immediately. Drink this detoxifying drink to feel refreshed and beautiful.
1. 250 grams of chopped lemongrass stalks
2. 150 grams of caster sugar
3. ¼ tsp. salt
4. 1 liter water
5. Ice cubes as per your requirement
1. Take a large pan, add water to it, and put it over an average flame.
2. Add the chopped lemongrass to it and boil the water for 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Strain the drink to a large jug or a pitcher.
4. Add salt and sugar to the drink and stir well.
5. Transfer this drink to another pan and put it on an average flame again.
6. Let the drink boil and then, remove it from the flame.
7. Let the drink cool down and leave it to chill completely. Add ice cubes if you want to.
8. Serve it chilled and feel better immediately.
Lemon And Ginger Buttermilk
Drinking buttermilk with lemon and ginger soothes the stomach and keeps the digestive system cool. As a result, it positively affects heartburn and cures acidity issues too. Drink lemon and ginger buttermilk to affect digestion positively and eliminate all the toxins out of your body.
1. 2 ½ cups of water
2. 1 cup of thick curd
3. Juice of a medium-sized lemon
4. 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
5. A pinch of powdered chaat masala
6. Ice cubes
For tempering, you will need the following ingredients:
1. A tsp. of oil
2. A few curry leaves
3. ¼ tsp. mustard seeds
4. ¼ tsp. dry red chilli
1. Peel the piece of ginger and extract the juice out of it.
2. Whip the curd well.
3. Add water to the curd and mix well.
4. Add the extract of ginger, lemon juice, and salt to the curd and stir well.
5. Take all the ingredients of tempering and fry them well for 30 seconds in the oil.
6. Add the fried ingredients to the buttermilk.
7. Add the chaat masala to the buttermilk and add ice cubes if you want.
8. Serve it chilled.
Vegetable And Fruit Juice
A glass of mixed vegetable and fruit juice will not only detoxify your body but also, provide you with essential vitamins and minerals, enough fiber and antioxidants, and keep your body healthy.
1. 1 apple
2. 4 to 5 tomatoes
3. 3 carrots
4. 1 cup grapes
5. A few leaves of fresh mint
6. ¼ tsp. black salt
7. ¼ tsp. salt
1. Wash all the fruits and vegetables well.
2. Peel all the fruits and vegetables and put them in a blender together.
3. Add a glass of water, crushed ice, salt, and black salt to it and blend them well.
4. Pour the drink in a glass and add the mint leaves to it.
5. Serve it with or without soda, as per your wish.