Cinnamon And Honey
- Apply the paste on acne
- Take hot cinnamon and honey drink before breakfast to lose weight
- Hot honey and cinnamon drink can relief arthritis pain
- Honey and cinnamon drink can boost immunity
According to ancient Ayurvedic practices, honey and cinnamon can cure most of the diseases. They are efficient with weight loss, acne, bladder infections, immune system, indigestion, and bad breath.
They can ease arthritis pain, toothache, cold and cough, upset stomach, and many more conditions. The two ingredients can be used in the form of juice or teas or externally applied in the form of a paste or mask, depending on the issue.
The mixture of honey and cinnamon has many benefits and can cure multiple diseases.
Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world and has been used as a fundamental medicine for centuries.
However today, scientists accept honey as a very effective medicine for all kinds of diseases. It can be used without any side effects.
Even though it is sweet, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine, honey does not harm diabetic patients even. Here we present a list of diseases that can be cured by honey and cinnamon as per research and how they should be used.
Make A Paste
Follow these steps on a daily basis for two weeks to get rid of acne:
- Take 3 tbsp of honey and 1 tsp of cinnamon powder paste.
- Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it the next morning with warm water.
Make A Healthy Skin Mask
Another way to treat pimples and acne with honey and cinnamon is by making this skin mask.
- Mix 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice with 2 tsp of raw honey.
- Take a hot shower and cleanse your face as you typically do, while letting the steam from the shower open up your pores.
- When you’re done showering and drying yourself off, apply the honey and lemon mixture on your clean skin, as you would any mask. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes. Rinse the mixture off with warm water.
- Splash a bit of cold water on your clean face to close up those pores. This is a good mask to use about once a week.
#2. Skin Infections
Honey and cinnamon are used to cure eczema, ringworm, and all types of skin infections by smearing the mixture equally on the affected parts.
Here is another way to do it:
- Take a shower or wash the affected skin with warm water and an antibacterial soap. Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Now, add 3 tbsp of honey and 2 tbsp of cinnamon powder in a clean bowl.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon until it turns into a paste.
- Add more cinnamon powder if you want a thicker mixture.
- Scoop a generous amount of the mixture with your fingers and apply it directly to the irritated skin areas.
- Gently massage in a circular motion until the mixture dries. Leave the mixture on your skin for 5 minutes.
- Wash your skin with water and soap to remove the sticky mixture.
#3. Weight loss
Thirty minutes before breakfast on an empty stomach every morning and at night before sleeping, drink cinnamon and honey powder boiled in one-cup water to lose weight fast.
Also, drinking this regularly stops fat from storing in the body even if you’re on a high-calorie diet.
#4. For arthritis
Make A Paste
- Add a tsp of cinnamon powder to one part honey and two parts of lukewarm water.
- Make a paste and massage it on the itching part of the body slowly.
- You will notice that the pain recedes within a minute or two.
Make A Drink
- Mix 1 cup of hot water with 2 tsp of honey and 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Drink regularly, every morning and night, for complete relief from arthritis pain.
This can also be used for chronic arthritis relief.
A research at the Copenhagen University observed doctors treating their patients with a mixture of 1 tbsp honey and 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder before breakfast. Within a week, out of the 200 people treated, 73 patients were totally relieved of pain; within a month, almost all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.
#5. Hair Loss
Apply a paste of hot olive oil, 1 tbsp honey, and 1 tsp cinnamon powder before taking bath and keep it on for approximately 15 min. Then, wash your hair.
#6. Bladder Infection
The honey and cinnamon mixture is known to cure bladder infections.
- Take 2 tbsp cinnamon powder and 1 tsp honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs of the bladder.
- You can also simply drink 2–3 liters of this solution every day and go to the bathroom as often as you need to – don’t hold it in. But avoid drinking alcohol, coffee, or citrus juices (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit), as they can irritate the bladder.
There are several other home remedies for toothache but honey and cinnamon mixture can also be used:
- Break up 1/2 inch of cinnamon quill and powder it in a coffee grinder, if you purchased whole cinnamon. You can also use cinnamon powder.
- Thoroughly mix 1 tsp of cinnamon powder and 5 tsp of honey in a small bowl.
- Apply a small amount of the mixture directly to your tooth.
- You can apply it with a clean fingertip, a cotton ball, or a small folded piece of gauze.
- Continue to apply a small amount to the aching tooth 2 or 3 times per day until the pain is relieved. You can also store the remaining cinnamon honey in an airtight jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Both cinnamon and honey appear to reduce high cholesterol levels. Studies have observed that taking honey improved cholesterol profiles and helped regulate blood sugar levels in diabetics with high cholesterol.
- Mix 2 tbsp honey and 3 tsp cinnamon powder in 16 ounces of tea water.
- Drink it to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10% within 2 hours.
- For arthritic patients, taking this 3 times a day can cure any chronic cholesterol.
Cold and Cough
Those suffering from common or severe colds should take 1 tbsp lukewarm honey with 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder daily for 3 days. This will cure the most chronic cough and cold and clear the sinuses.
The anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-microbial properties in honey help here. Cinnamon is also helpful because of its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties.
Since ancient times, it is commonly known that honey strengthens semen. Regularly taking 2 tbsp of honey before sleeping can help resolve impotency issues.
In China, Japan and Far-East countries, women who do not conceive and wish to strengthen the uterus take cinnamon powder. In such cases, you should take a pinch of cinnamon powder in 1/2 tsp of honey and apply it on the gums frequently throughout the day so that it slowly mixes with the saliva and enters the body.
Polycstic ovary syndrome can also be cured by using cinnamon, which will help jump start a woman’s period/cycle and promote fertility.
Note: Once pregnant, you should not take cinnamon because it stimulates premature labor and uterine contractions.
The mixture cures stomachache and also clears stomach ulcers from the root. There are several ways of using cinnamon to treat upset stomach.
Cinnamon Stick Tea With Honey
- Boil cinnamon sticks (Ceylon cinnamon, which has ultra-low coumarin levels and will not damage your liver unlike cassia cinnamon) and add some honey to it.
- This mixture creates a hydrogen peroxide effect and brings all the viruses to the surface of the stomach and kills them.
Cinnamon Powder Tea with Honey
- Boil 1/2 cup of water and add 1 tsp of cinnamon powder to it.
- Boil this mixture for 5 minutes, and strain it with a cheesecloth or fine strainer to get rid of the cinnamon powder residue.
- Add 1 tsp honey and drink it.
According to the studies from India and Japan, honey taken with cinnamon powder relieves the stomach of gas.
Baking soda and lemon when combined make an effective antacid, which can be conventionally used to treat stomach gas.
- Add some baking soda to the juice of fresh lemon.
- As it starts fizzing, add some more baking soda and a cup of water.
- Stir it well so that the baking soda dissolves completely.
- Drink this slowly.
Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply it on bread and eat it regularly for breakfast. This reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack.
Also, those who have already had an attack can use it daily to keep away from further attacks. Regular use relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heartbeat.
You can also drink cinnamon tea with a teaspoon of honey every day half an hour before breakfast. To make cinnamon tea, steep some non-flavored green tea and add a pinch of freshly ground cinnamon powder to it. Strain the tea and drink it while it’s hot.
Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder in your diet strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacterial and viral diseases.
Mix ¼ tsp cinnamon powder with 1 tbsp honey. Drink it on a daily basis.
Also, 500mg of cinnamon supplements twice daily for 90 days can improve hemoglobin A1C levels in those with type-2 diabetes.
Cinnamon powder sprinkled on 2 tbsp of honey and taken before food relieves acidity and helps digest the heaviest of meals. A research found that cinnamon, when used in tea form, can help indigestion, quell flatulence, and inhibit bloating and abdominal pain.
To prepare this tea, add 2 tsp of cinnamon powder and 1 tsp of honey to boiling water.
Honey contains a natural ingredient, which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu. Longevity tea, made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age.
- Add 4 spoons of honey and 1 spoon of cinnamon powder to 3 cups of water and boil to make the tea.
- Drink 1/4 cup, 3 to 4 times a day.
It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. It also helps increase the life span.
People of South America, gargle with 1 tsp cinnamon and honey powder mixed in hot water first thing in the morning. This is so that their breath stays fresh throughout the day.
Here is another way to get rid of bad breath:
- Put ½ tbsp cinnamon into a bottle or jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the juice of 2 lemons along with 1½ tsp of honey.
- You can also add 1/2–1 tsp baking soda and omit the honey, or use both.
- Pour 1 cup of very warm water (needed to melt the honey) into the jar and stir well.
When you need to freshen up your breath, give it a quick shake and swish/gargle 1–2 tbsp of the mixture for 1 minute.